A site map generally refers as the list of website’s pages that contains links to every page of a website which helps visitors & search engine bots in order to find different pages within a website. It is the best way for a website owner to alert the search engines when new pages are integrated in the website.
Benefits of site map in SEO:
Sitemap is usually created to congregate the links within your website that helps to illustrate the information about your website’s structure that determines how the pages or posts in your site are associated. Search engine crawlers utilize these links as a gateway to another page which helps them to easily access your website’s different pages. Sitemap is also a great tool for search engine crawlers to gather all the information about the website as well as assist them to properly index your site.
These are the following major benefits of using Sitemap in SEO:
• Helps with site navigation
• Indexing becomes easier for search engines
• Speed up indexing
• Nested pages get indexed
• Enhance link building campaign
• Improve page rank
The following aspects are essential to keep in consideration:
• Use XML sitemaps: Sitemap are generally of two types: HTML & XML. XML sitemaps are intended for search engines which help them to index appropriate pages from the website.
• Sitemap Submission: After creating sitemap, the next step is to submit it in various search engines like Google, Bing etc that would assist to alert the search engine regarding any new update in your website.
• Include XML sitemap in robot.txt file